We are living in an extraordinary time. As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic, we stand united with you, the private dental practice and your commitment to providing extraordinary patient care.
Tools you need to navigate the changes in infection control and practice workflow in the wake of COVID-19.
We are doing everything possible as a company to protect the health and well-being of each of our employees and to continue to support you. We understand you must take your own steps to protect yourselves, your families, your team and your patients, and we are committed to helping.
We have instructed all Goetze employees who have direct contact with you or your team to take cautionary steps before engaging in the traditional manner. These include:
- Be in tune with their own health and the health of those around them
- If they feel they have been exposed to COVID-19, or have been in close proximity with someone who is COVID-19 positive, or if they themselves are exhibiting symptoms related to the virus, we advise them to immediately seek medical advice, and refrain from any contact whatsoever with any of our employees or customers for 14 days, or until they have clearance from their medical provider
- We are encouraging all of our employees to actively monitor their temperatures before interacting with other employees or clients
- We ask that each of them check in with you, or someone on your team, to determine your level of comfort with their presence in your office
- We are encouraging our sales professionals to use technology, including video conferencing calls, text messaging and email wherever possible to continue to serve the needs of you and your practice
- As passionate and caring members of the healthcare community, we are coming together now as a community of citizens, all with the single purpose of managing through the effects of COVID-19.
PPE – Personal Protective Equipment Information
As it relates to supply chain disruption caused by COVID-19, we are working closely with our manufacturing partners to provide a fair and consistent allocation to current customers on those products impacted. This includes, but is not limited to masks, gloves and other PPE and Infection Control items. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, orders for PPE and Infection Control items can not be cancelled, changed or returned. Prices for PPE and Infection Control items are subject to change. If you have specific questions about an order, please contact your Goetze Dental Private Practice Specialist or call customer service at 1-800-692-0804.
PPE – Demand, Supply, Costs, ETA and why PPE items are non-cancellable and non-returnable
Beyond the traditional medical and dental offices needing supply, PPE is in extreme demand by physical therapists, first responders and the general public.
Limitations on Supply
Product (including gloves and the material used in the production of masks) that may have been sourced overseas are now faced with labor issues.
For imported items, some products are being airfreighted into the USA and containers have limited availability.
Shipments & Backorder
Varying work and travel restrictions have impacted most freight schedules, with some of the major carriers suspending delivery service guarantees. Simultaneously, unprecedented PPE demand has increased manufacturer lead times as much as 200% globally in the past 2 months.
Due to how quickly this situation changes, for PPE and Infection Control Items; including but not limited to masks, face shields, gowns, head and foot coverings, gloves and more, until further notice, Goetze Dental may be unable to fulfill orders and/or provide estimated day of arrival for these products, regardless of stock status indicated on any of our ordering platforms (including GAINSpeed, Goetzeonline.com).
Non-Cancellable and Non-Returnable Items
As with current industry standards and per many manufacturers and distributors, all PPE items are non-cancellable and non-returnable to ensure that adequate supply is available for healthcare professionals.
As a result, the pricing of many PPE products has increased dramatically over the past 30-45 days. There are many US suppliers that have held pricing — however, they are also experiencing pressure as they have increased production, with many working around the clock.
As your dental products supplier, we have worked to only pass on the price increases that we have incurred. Please know that with the limited supply to meet needs, we are working closely with manufacturers to secure future products to meet your needs. Product prices, availability, shipping status change daily and sometimes multiple times a day.
Thank you for your consideration during these extraordinary circumstances — we value your partnership and are here to help you in any way we can.
Below are resources and links from the ADA, CDC, OSHA, NIOSH, FDA and more which address many frequently asked questions.
- ADA Return to Work Toolkit – Link to download
As some states move to reopen, the ADA’s Advisory Task Force for Dental Practice Recovery has developed this free toolkit with interim guidance which recommends measures to take to help protect patients, staff and dentists from COVID-19 as dental practices re-engage in providing the full range of oral health care.
- ADA-April 24 Webinar: Respiratory Protection in the ERA of COVID-19 – Watch on demand – link to download
One of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic is the reality that dentistry must reassess what levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) are appropriate for different procedures. This could mean that some practices will be using N95, or N95 equivalent, respirators for the first time. In this webinar from April 24, 2020, Eve Cuny and Kathy Eklund, experts from the Organization for Safety, Asepsis, and Prevention (OSAP) discuss steps to introduce the use of N95 and other respirators in dental settings, practical tips for developing the OSHA respiratory protection program, including fit-testing, medical evaluation and training, different levels of surgical masks and how they compare to N95 respirators and proper steps for donning and doffing of all PPE.
- ADA-Interim Mask and Face Shield Guidelines
- ADA- Understanding Mask Types
- CDC- Donning and Doffing Instructions – CDC sequence for putting on and removing PPE – download the PDF
- CDC- Respirator Trusted Source Information – access respirator source info
- FDA List of Authorized Respirators – access list
- CDC– counterfeit respirators or those misrepresenting NIOSH approval (CDC updating this list)
- FDA List of Authorized KN95 Respirators – access list (updated May 7, 2020)
- OSHA- Hospital Respiratory Program Toolkit- Resource for Respiratory Administrators – access toolkit – This toolkit is referenced in the April 24 ADA Respiratory Protection in the ERA of COVID-19 Webinar.
- CDC – Optimizing PPE Supply
- CDC – N95 Respirator Extended Use and Limited Reuse Guidelines
- OSHA “Enforcement Guidance for Respiratory Protection and the N95 Shortage Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- NIOSH Respirator Resource – overview of recommendations for respirator use from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Dental Practice Opening and Manufacturer Equipment Guides
Links to manufacturer guides
MidMark – COVID-19 Managing the Impact of COVID-19 on your dental practice including an Advisory Notice: Sterilizing N95 Masks for Reuse, recommendations on maintaining Midmark equipment in low use, cleaning and disinfecting Midmark equipment and accessories and steps to bring shut-down Midmark equipment back online when re-opening a practice.
Quick Link Resources for Dental Practices
All of the links included in this website direct to live websites, which we anticipate will be maintained by those parties.