Planmeca ProMax 3D Max
Dedicated 3D imaging The Planmeca ProMax® 3D Max is a 3D imaging device that produces all required volume sizes for diagnosing the maxillofacial region – from the smallest specialized cases to images of the entire skull. Profound understanding of anatomy The unique Planmeca ProMax® 3D Max offers the widest range volume sizes, from small specialized cases to images of the whole skull. With a maximum… Read more
Dedicated 3D imaging
The Planmeca ProMax® 3D Max is a 3D imaging device that produces all required volume sizes for diagnosing the maxillofacial region – from the smallest specialized cases to images of the entire skull.
Profound understanding of anatomy
The unique Planmeca ProMax® 3D Max offers the widest range volume sizes, from small specialized cases to images of the whole skull. With a maximum field of view (FOV) of Ø23 x 26 cm, it offers entirely new possibilities for diagnostics.
Detailed diagnostics with 3D imaging
Planmeca ProMax 3D Max complies with a multitude of diagnostic requirements: those of endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics, implantology, dental and maxillofacial surgery, and TMJ analysis.
Planmeca ProMax® 3D units offer a unique Planmeca Ultra Low Dose™ imaging protocol, enabling CBCT imaging with an even lower effective patient dose than standard 2D panoramic imaging. This pioneering imaging protocol is based on intelligent 3D algorithms developed by Planmeca and offers a vast amount of detailed anatomical information at a very low patient dose.
Planmeca ProMax® 3D family
- Ideal resolutions and patient dose levels that always comply with the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle
- Optimal volume size and location for every clinical need
- Special imaging protocols for dental and ENT applications
- Effortless patient positioning and unmatched comfort
- True all-in-one X-ray units not only for 3D imaging, but 2D panoramic and cephalometric imaging as well
- Easy to use for a smooth workflow
- Planmeca Romexis® software
- Mac OS and Windows support
Ease of operation
Our Planmeca ProMax® 3D units are known across the world for incredible ease of use and exceptional patient comfort.
A relaxed patient means a smooth imaging workflow and the best quality images.
User-friendly control panel
- Clear and straightforward interface guides users smoothly through their work
- Pre-programmed sites and exposure values for different image types and targets saves time and allows full focus on patients
Open patient positioning
- Effortless positioning with open-face architecture
- Unrestricted view of patients
- Calm experience for patients – without claustrophobic feelings
- Fine adjustment using positioning lasers and a joystick
- Correct positioning verified with a scout image
- Easy wheelchair accommodation with side-entry access
- Anode voltage 54–90 kV
- Anode current 1–12 mA
- Focal spot 0.6 mm, fixed anode
- Image detector Flat panel
- Image acquisition 210/360 degree rotation
- Scan time 9–40 s
- Reconstruction time 2–55 s
Physical space requirements
Width 116 cm (45.3 in.)
Depth 137 cm (54 in.)
Height** 161–239 cm (64–94 in.)
Weight 131 kg (lbs 289)
Minimum operational space requirements
Width 158 cm (63 in.)
Depth 175 cm (69 in.)
Height** 239 cm (94 in.)
**The maximum height of the unit can be adjusted for offices with limited ceiling space.