Hu-Friedy Air-Flow Master Piezon®
DESCRIPTION The AIR-FLOW Master Piezon® contains three technologies in one device: AIR-FLOW (for heavy stain removal and supragingival biofilm removal), PERIO-FLOW (for subgingival biofilm removal) and Piezon (for ultrasonic scaling). It is easy to switch between AIR-FLOW and PERIO-FLOW handpieces and powder chambers to deliver a complete stain, biofilm and plaque removal treatment. The Piezon technology features an LED handpiece… Read more
- Smooth touch panel surface for simple cleaning and disinfection.Sleek user interface offers easy adjustment of power and water delivery.Ergonomic handpieces for working comfort and precision for the clinician.
- Smooth touch panel surface for simple cleaning and disinfection
- Easy handling, cleaning and refilling of the powder chambers
- Sleek user interface offers easy adjustment of power and water delivery
- Ergonomic handpieces for working comfort and precision for the clinician
- Intelligent feedback control technology senses when higher power is needed to remove deposit and adjusts accordingly
CHARACTERISTICS OF TIP MOVEMENT
The smooth linear movement generated by piezoelectric systems
creates a stroke pattern that is similar to hand instrumentation.
Adapting the lateral surface of the piezo tip against the tooth surface
(similar to a hand instrument) will increase clinical efficiency
• Most of the energy is dispersed at the point of tip (1).
• The lateral surfaces of the tip (2) are moving in a linear pattern, similar to the stroke of
a bladed hand instrument.
• Adaptation of this lateral surface provides the most efficient deposit removal.
• Adapt the terminal 2–3 mm of tip for optimal performance.
• When concave front or convex back surfaces (3) are adapted to the tooth surface,
the instrument will chatter against the surface rather than effectively remove deposit.
• Adapt the lateral surface to the tooth for optimal performance.
• Maintain tip angulation near zero degrees — parallel to tooth surface.
• To minimize the risk of root damage, never adapt tip at a 90˚ angle.
• Use little or no lateral pressure and let the tip do the work for you.
• When concave front or convex back surfaces are adapted to the tooth surface, the
instrument will chatter against the surface rather than effectively instrument.
• Smooth vibration enhances tactile sense for instrumentation.
• The smooth motion of the tip is an excellent option for patients with root sensitivity.
• Piezo tip vibration is very smooth and quiet when adapted correctly on a lateral surface.
• Deposits are pulverized, resulting in a slurry of debris that is visible in the water at the
back of the mouth.
• Calculus is generally not removed in big chunks as commonly seen during
• Effective disruption of biofilm in periodontal pockets
leading to a sustained reduction in bacteria, helping prevent
periodontitis or peri-implantitis
• Uniform turbulence of air-powder mixture and water due to
patented PERIO-FLOW® nozzle prevents soft-tissue emphysema
• On the subgingival border area – disrupt biofilm with the AIR-FLOW®
handpiece and AIR-FLOW® PERIO Powder
• Up to 5mm* pocket depth – disrupt biofilm with the PERIO-FLOW®
handpiece, PERIO-FLOW® nozzle and AIR-FLOW® PERIO Powder